Monday, September 01, 2008
Pejam celik, pejam celik, sudah pun tiba bulan yang penuh berkat, iaitu bulan Ramadhan. (sounds so ustadz-y ey? hehe)
Anyway, I do confess that I'm no staunch Muslim, but I do hope that Allah swt will open up my heart and let me make the most out of this blissful month.
I hope that I will be able to live up to the spirits of Ramadan and that I will not just refrain from eating or drinking, but control as much of my desires as I can will myself to, as part of my fasting. Insyallah.
I really hope God gives me a chance to experience/happen to pray really2 hard pada malam Lailatul Qadar. Oh I really hope I do.
Okay excuse me if I sound all preachy. I'm just having my holy moments. Today I was walking back from an outing with Debbie and Chucky. And as I passed by the void deck near my house, I caught sight of all these people terawih-ing and it was so overwhelming, it really made an impression and it feels so much better than the feeling I get when I'm excited for raya. I don't know how to describe it, but it just made me thankful that Ramadan is here. It was uplifting. Alhamdulillah.
Happy Ramadan, fellow Muslims. :)
Labels: And I hope I do not sound like L.T.
X O X O; 12:27 am